Man is this guy a force! I dive into a vibrant conversation with integral-psychotherapist and writer Dr. Keith Witt. Topics range from growth, depression, working with shadow, evolutionary drivers, marriage, parenting and much more. Bring a notepad for this one! And, get the rewind button ready…
- Everything is relationships [2:33]
- Rediscovering monogamy [4:20]
- How to “make it” in long term relationship [5:05]
- Getting aligned in your growth [6:15]
- Causes and cures of depression [8:40]
- Different kinds of shadow [9:55]
- The two characteristics of humans in relationships [12:43]
- Understanding our kids’ motivations [16:45]
- The Three Evolutionary ‘drivers’ in relationship (and pitfalls) [18;09]
- Integral Mindfulness in relationships. [22:54]
- Relationships and Kids – and tackling the challenges of it [26:13]
- The transition to middle age [28:37]
- What Keith Witt does in his relationships – “Romantic Fridays” [30:24]
- The ‘evolution’ of our empathy [36:30]
- The necessity of shame [39:30]
- Secure attachment explained [47:15]
- Developing mindfulness – learn to self observe [53:37]
- Final Advice from Keith Witt [01:01:30]
Dr. Keith Witt is a Licensed Psychologist, teacher, and author who has lived and worked in Santa Barbara, CA. for over forty years. Dr. Witt is the founder of The School of Love, where he offers his School of Love Lecture Series, blogs, Therapist in the Wild web-series, and Integral Conversations audios and videos on health, love, relationship, sexuality, spirituality, development, and psychotherapy related topics.
Keith’s work has explored Integrally Informed Psychotherapy, intimacy, human development, spirituality, and sexuality yielding five books (Integral Mindfulness, Waking Up, Sessions, The Attuned Family, and The Gift of Shame), three TEDx talks, and lectures and classes which he has taught across the U.S. Waking Up and its companion volume, Sessions, are two of the first texts on Integrally Informed Psychotherapy.
His popular audio class, Loving Completely, is offered through Integral Life. Keith has conducted over fifty-five thousand therapy sessions, led many groups, and has been a contributor to Integral Life and the Journal of Integral Theory and Practice.
In presentations around the country–including Integral Life’s What’s Next, Integral Theories Conferences, and his ongoing series, The Shrink and the Pundit with Jeff Salzman–Keith has explored love, intra and interpersonal relationships, and development from multiple perspectives, weaving neuroscience, Integral theory, wisdom traditions, and numerous forms of psychotherapy into a coherent cosmology of love and development. Check out his new book, Integral Mindfulness, his audio series Loving Completely, on Integral Life, and his website, drkeithwitt.com.