A few considerations to ponder before applying…
After nine annual trainings, we’ve learned that it takes more than simply a person interested in psychology and coaching to become an effective Relationship Coach. That’s why we have this application process, and here’s how it works…
Step 1: Apply
Our application and selection process is one of the ways we set ourselves apart from other coaching programs.
Step 2: Schedule an Interview
Your Student Success Coordinator (SSC) is trained to screen prospective students to ensure mental and emotional readiness for the transformational and challenging coursework ahead. You will have the opportunity to ask questions and will be provided with additional information that supports clarity and confidence in your decision to move forward with this training..
Step 3: Play all-out and grow
Once you’re enrolled in the program, you’ll be expected to show up and play all-out, which means finding your edge and pushing yourself to be present and engaged.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long is the training?
The training spans nine months (September – May) annually.
What does it cost?
After you apply our Student Success Coordinator will explain the tuition structure.
Is there a payment plan?
Yes. You make your deposit upon acceptance to the training, then set up automatic payments for the remaining balance due. We will walk you through this process.
What is the coaching model?
It’s called Present Centered Relationship Coaching and was developed over 15 years by our founder, Jayson Gaddis. Read more about it here.
What will I learn?
- Self – this is a personal journey, you will be uncomfortable and grow like a weed.
- Relationships – you’ll learn our map of how relationships work and how to do them well – you’ll learn these concepts in the Relationship Mastery course (included in your tuition which can be taken before or concurrently)
1- 8 Classes (about 2-4 hours per week, pacing at 2 classes per month = 9 months to complete)
– Accountability emails to inspire
– Monthly Growth Sessions (live group coaching calls) with Jayson
– Monthly Individual Coaching Session with a Certified Relationship Coach
– Monthly Study Group with your cohort
– Cohort Facebook Group to connect
– Exclusive pricing on additional Individual Sessions with your Certified Relationship Coach
– Practice Calls every two weeks with a fellow student
- Coaching – you’ll be trained with excellent relationship coaching skills that help people get results – you’ll learn these concepts in the RCT course. Here is the RCT syllabus:
– Module 1 – Big Picture & Purpose of PCRC
– Module 2 – Principles, Goals, Confidentiality, Ethics
– Module 3 – The Six Client Outcomes and Six Coach Practices
– Module 4 – Your First Session and “Be with” Skills
– Module 5 – Transmission, Motivational Interviewing & Values
– Module 6 – Personal Responsibility & Deflection
– Module 7 – Coach Entanglement & Your Agenda
– Module 8 – More Support Than Challenge, Resistant Clients, Boundaries with Sexual Abuse
– Module 9 – Transmission and The Here and Now
– Module 10 – Getting Their World, First
– Module 11 – How To Challenge And Deepen A Client’s Decision
– Module 12 – Eye Contact, Feelings, Blankness, Pacing, Advice
– Module 13 – Reframing The Past
– Module 14 – Emotions And The 180
– Module 15 – Ending Coaching
– Module 16 – Self Acceptance, Self Worth, Integrating Power
– Module 17 – Conflict & Sexual Attraction With Clients
What does the schedule look like?
- Tuesday classes are from 12:30pm to 2:00pm MT, led by certified relationship coaches.
- Thursday classes are 12pm to 1pm MT, led by Jayson Gaddis.
How much time will I need to devote to RCT each week?
On average most students reserve 4-6 hrs per week (live class, homework, practice coaching sessions).
What kind of marketing support do you offer coaches?
Once you graduate, you have the opportunity to join a program we offer our entire client base called ‘My Relationship Coach’, or MRC. As an MRC Coach you will be featured on our website where clients can book directly with you, and we market the program, handle the sales, invoicing. and accounting to help you build your practice. Our MRC Coaches are be not only paired with clients who sign up through the school, but also as Coaches to our Relationship Mastery students who are working their way through their RM course.
Who do we coach?
You will see at least one client for a minimum of six sessions over the course of the nine months, and maybe more depending on availability. These sessions will be spread out so we can see your progress and you’ll coach every other week. You’ll also have practice coaching sessions with your peers throughout the course and experience a minimum of 12 hours of real-live coaching (with the possibility for more).
What is the difference between therapy vs. coaching?
Therapy is typically a supportive environment that deals with a wider range of challenges a person may be experiences, whereas relationship coaching specializes in providing support and also challenges the client to grow with clear relationship goals and objectives.
Listen to this podcast or read this blog if you’re interested in hearing more about this topic.
Is this program accredited by the International Coaching Federation (ICF)?
No, we like to run things a little differently. Jayson continues to choose to develop things internally here and is creating the highest standard for relationship coaching that exists. You will be a Certified Relationship Coach by The Relationship School. We are working on our ICF certification.
Do I need to be in a romantic relationship to do this training and become a relationship coach?
No. Your current relationship status and relationship history aren’t directly correlated to your success as a Relationship Coach. You certainly will learn a lot about your relational history and current relationship dynamics through this course so that you can show up in the best way possible for your clients.
Would I be a good relationship coach if I’m still struggling with some of my own relationship issues?
Relationships are a constant work-in-progress, always evolving and shape-shifting. As long as you are able to take personal responsibility, have empathy, and are open to learning and growing, you can do this work.
Do I need to be a therapist or have a background in psychology to qualify?
No. However, in every class, we have therapists, nurses, doctors, and social workers join our coaching program.
Are graduates of this program already working full-time or part-time as relationship coaches?
We have some coaches making six figures a year, some who see one client a week, and some who take the program just to grow personally and never become coaches. It’s up to you and will reflect how much time and energy you invest in building your practice (as it would building any new business).
Are there any in-person events?
No, currently there are no in-person events, everything is learned and experienced virtually online. This makes it so students from all over the world can learn and be certified by The Relationship School.
Who is this certification training For?
You may be asking, “Is this program right for me?” Great question! If you say yes to any of the following, I think you’re in the perfect place:
- I’m very into learning about people.
- I’d love to have a career helping others.
- I want a lucrative career with flexibility and the freedom to choose my own hours.
- I want to know the latest cutting edge approaches to relationship challenges.
- I want a unique certification that stands out in the marketplace and actually makes a difference in the world.
Regardless of gender, sexuality, religion, race or your relationship status.
Who is this certification training NOT For?
- This training is NOT for you if you want to stay a victim and stay stuck in a victim model of healing.
- This training is NOT for you if you want to stay in your comfort zone and do not want to work on your own relationship stuff (as they say, “a comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there’“).
- This training is NOT for you if you are stuck in blame and cannot take personal accountability.