Does having children ruin your marriage? The stats are against most of you who get married and choose children. But why is this, and what can you and your spouse do about it? Find out this and so much more as Jayson & Ellen use their own story as another example of what’s possible during the hardest of times.
- A powerful definition of a mature person. [2:20]
- The gloomy article on parenting that got Ellen and Jayson fired up. [6:15]
- The negative view of marriage. [7:50]
- How women are impacted after having a baby. [9:20]
- The defining moment that Ellen remembers, but Jayson blocked out. [11:30]
- The biggest factor that will impact your overall happiness in life [17:30]
- What Ellen said to Jayson that hit him in the gut like a truck and woke him up big time. [21:45]
- Ellen shares what Jayson does consistently that helps her show up more fully in their marriage and their family. [24:45]
- An important perspective that can help you deliver your truth more effectively. [28:00]
- Married With Kids – Add Your Email
- Jayson Gaddis on Instagram
- Business Insider: A Psychology Professor Came To A Depressing Conclusion About Marriage
- Monogamy & The Smart Couple Facebook Group
- How to Leave A Podcast Review
Thanks so much for this one! I love the honest communication you two have worked so hard to create. As a relationship therapist, the communication tools you two reference are such important skills for people to learn. Thank you for sharing these with us all!
hey Maya, thanks for your kind words and for tuning in. Glad you’re getting something from the podcast (and on a personal level, I resonate with all you shared and am grateful as well). Take care =)
one thing that stood out for apart from the content but relevant to it,is the sense of how much you both know yourselves.
being quite calm and carefully select precise, honest words to express the thoughts/feelings
empower to hear it.
sounds like you’re getting a lot from the podcast, thanks for listening and sharing =)