Can MDMA help our relationships if we do this in a legit way? I explore this question with Dr Vanderveer and we zero in on some key factors if you want to improve your marriage or relationship life using medicine such as MDMA.
- Jayson shares his own experiences with MDMA – [1:50]
- The Low-Down on MDMA trials [4:55]
- Who is MDMA for? [6:20]
[bctt tweet=”It’s about helping people find their own wisdom. – Dr. Vandeveer re: MDMA/PTSD trials”]
- What a MDMA-assisted psychotherapy session looks like [8:28]
- “There’s something really warm and cozy about that” [10:50]
- Why use MDMA? -Tapping into shared humanity. [13:22]
- Why does traditional therapy often fall short? [14:45]
- The importance of integration and structured therapy with MDMA [18:55]
- Jayson’s MDMA use in college [20:40]
[bctt tweet=”We’re seeing huge changes, in almost everybody. – Dr. Vandeveer on MDMA/PTSD trials”]
- Learning to use MDMA safely [24:00]
- The “Quality”Problems that MDMA-assisted-therapy brings [35:55]
- Jayson’s experience of a facilitated MDMA session [38:05]
- Integrating these experiences into your relationships [40:30]
- “The context is everything” [44:15]
- State-Changes vs Trait-Changes [45:30]
- The future of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy [53:10]
About the Boulder Study:
MDMA in clinical trials has been given to 780 people with only one serious adverse event and no deaths. Per www.mdmaptsd.org
The Boulder study will total out at 26 participants, and altogether will deliver around 100 MDMA sessions to these folks (3 full dose per person and about 20 comparator-dose sessions).
Dr Vanderveer is a co-therapist with 6 participants (so far, 18 8-hour sessions, and a few more to go) and has administered doses to people around 80 times thus far. Needless to say, Dr Vanderveer has a LOT of experience in this setting.
ABOUT Dr Will Vanderveer:
Will Vanderveer, MD is the founder and medical director of the Integrative Psychiatric Healing Center in Boulder, CO, where he has practiced holistic psychiatry for 14 years. Currently he is wrapping up a Phase II randomized clinical trial of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for treatment-resistant post-traumatic stress disorder.
The spiritual and physiological dimensions of traumatic experiences such as Adverse Childhood Events (ACE’s) and their physiological sequelae are a central focus of his clinical work. His skill set includes PTSD psychotherapies such as EMDR and somatic experiencing, adrenal and gut remediation, orthomolecular techniques, hormone balancing, and mindfulness and meditation instruction.
In addition to working with patients, he teaches holistic psychiatry, facilitates shadow work groups, and co-facilitates heal-the healer retreats with Gabor Mate.
For more information, visit and CONNECT with Dr. Will Vanderveer:
Hear more from Dr Vanderveer In the Smart Couple here: SC 4 – Dr. Will Vanderveer