Most of the time, when we fight with a partner, we “bicker” or go in circles because we are missing what the fight is really about. In this episode we examine the 3 things people fight about most. It will be essential to listen to this so you know what the deeper layer of your fights are really about. Why does this matter? So you can get to the real issue and resolve it.
- The 3 types of fights [6:40]
- Type 1: Security fight – “I don’t feel safe” [7:40]
- Type 2: Past resentments – Stuff you’ve never dealt with. [11:00]
- Type 3: Dealing with small, everyday stuff [14:00]
[bctt tweet=”We can literally rewire our brains through relationship.”]
- Fight, Flight, Freeze – The 3 styles of dealing with conflict [24:40]
Next time you’re fighting with your partner, remember to ask yourselves: “What are we really fighting about?”