Here are a few of the highlights:
- (1:45) Episode 116: Polyvagal theory, safety in relationships.
- (4:26) Why knowing how to read other people matters.
- (9:50) How our physiology affects how we perceive others, and how others perceive us.
- (17:50) Arguments from a biological perspective.
- (20:15) Co-regulation.
- (25:05) How learning can be affected by a teacher’s physiology.
- (27:40) Reading an audience when speaking in public.
- (32:15) DPIR enrollment.
- (34:10) Difference between the central nervous system and autonomic nervous system.
- (42:05) How stress affects to our bodies.
- (50:00) About depression.
- (55:45) About exercise.
- (56:50) How taking care of others can impact your life.
- (1:01:20) Final thoughts.
- (1:06:40) Action Step.
- Deep Psychology of Intimate Relationships (DPIR) Professional Certification Program
- Podcast episode 116: The Neuroscience & Power of Safe Relationships
- Stephen Porges Website