I love teenagers! As you know I used you to work with troubled teens in a variety of settings, from drug treatment centers to wilderness therapy programs.
I think to be skilled with teens requires some serious skill. That’s why I brought my friend Aaron Huey on the podcast to discuss how to deal with difficult teens.
If you are not a parent, this will still be valuable as we discuss addiction, boundaries, and enabling, all issues that come up in adult relationships too.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- (4:30) Introduction Aaron Huey
- (11:40) How people can get more empowered and overcome victimhood
- (16:20) Advice for parents of kids getting bullied
- (18:15) Exploring negative behaviors on teenagers
- (22:40) About parents expecting treatment centers to fix their kids behavior
- (26:15) Should we blame and call out parents?
- (28:50) Creating family behavior contracts
- (33:00) 4 things that families can do to prevent negative children’s behaviors and decisions
- (36:55) Why parents enable kids’ negative behavior
- (43:15) How mothers react different than fathers
- (48:55) Advice for teenagers struggling with addictions
- (1:00:00) https://firemountainprograms.com/
- (1:05:35) Action Step