In the last podcast, I answered the question people ask me all the time, “Is it okay to have expectations?”
I came up with 6 expectations that are reasonable to have in a partnership. But it’s also important for us to discuss when it’s not okay or when it’s a bad idea to have expectations.
I came up with 8 big ones that I DO NOT recommend.
The biggest one is expecting someone else to live according to your values. Ouch. People do this one all the time, including me! Doah!
Check out this podcast to hear the other 7.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- (0:50) 8 unrealistic expectations
- (1:35) Expecting your partner to have your exact same values
- (4:55) Expecting your partner to look a certain way
- (7:15) Expecting your partner to have sex whenever you want
- (8:35) Expecting your partner to be available for you 100 % of the time
- (9:25) Expecting your partner to be everything for you
- (11:42) Expecting your partner to never be attracted to other people
- (12:35) Expecting your partner to never speak to people of the opposite sex
- (14:50) Expecting your partner to fill the hole around your self-worth
- (16:25) Action Step
Do you have transcripts for your podcasts? I’m deaf and YouTube’s closed caption system leaves a lot to be desired. Thank you!
We don’t. thanks for the suggestion. We will consider
Oh, I really liked the part that where Jayson says men should not expect their wife to be a supermodel.
Healthy body appreciation is necessary from both parties of relationship.