Relationships get hard. But how do you know when hard is too freakin’ hard? And, what do you do about it? In this episode my wife and I explore a very common complaint about long-term relationships, especially after the initial honeymoon phase wears off. Are you making your relationship hard or are you making it easy? Believe it or not, you are in the driver’s seat on this.
- How do you know when your relationship is too hard? [5:30]
- The decision Jayson made that was crucial to his relationship. [15:00]
- Does Ellen ever feel that motherhood is too hard? [17:00]
- The perspective that matters most in a relationship [18:45]
- How to work through conflict in a relationship? [20:15]
- What about working through conflict on your own, without your partner or community? [22:30]
- Why it’s not wise to “pick your battles”? [26:45]
- Leave your comment in Monogamy and The Smart Couple Facebook Group
lol you said rule of thumb talking about healthy relationships, The ‘rule of thumb’ has been said to derive from the belief that English law allowed a man to beat his wife with a stick so long as it is was no thicker than his thumb.
always good stuff thank you
Thanks for sharing that, I have heard this recently and was horrified and dropped it from my vernacular immediately. There are so many sayings based on violence against women, lgbtq+, and especially people of color. I appreciate you educating us all. Thanks Tara =)