Did you know 1 in 10 Americans take an antidepressant? Yup.
For some, the treatment can really help. Yet for many, it doesn’t do much. The COVID-19 pandemic is pushing people like never before.
Some of us in a good way, but others are suffering even more. In fact, I think we’re on the brink of a mental health crisis.
That’s why I asked my good friend Dr. Will Vanderveer, an integrative psychiatrist, to speak to us about what we can do as practitioners (therapists and coaches), but also as people who suffer from mental health challenges such as depression.
I think you’ll find this very eye opening. Listen now!
- (5:30) Introduction Dr. Will Van Derveer
- (7:20) Covid-19 Crisis
- (9:10) About Integrative Care and Integrative psychiatry
- (14:20) Differences between Mental Health and Physical health professionals
- (32:30) The impact of childhood trauma on health and recommendations
- (39:10) Research on psychedelics as treatment
- (51:40) The importance of the right guidance on psychedelic treatments
- (56:25) How we are treating mental health in this day and age
- (1:04:30) Action Step