Some of you know that I nerd out on research about relationships. Well, have you heard about the research study that says loneliness is more lethal than smoking 15 cigarettes per day?
Well, I finally got to talk to the woman that did this research. Wow.
It’s astounding and puts our relationships with other people front and center.
- 5:10 Introduction: Dr. Julianne Holt-Lunstad
- 7:30 The impact of loneliness and social isolation on people’s health
- 14:00 Dr. Julianne’s health studies
- 19:45 The impact of relationships on our health and life expectancy
- 41:55 Why you might feel lonely even if you are surrounded by people
- 48:25 Why some people disagree with the studies about loneliness and social isolation
- 1:04:50 Action step
- Dr. Julianne Holt-Lunstad on Twiitter