What can you learn from divorced people and people who are married for a decade or two? What are the main differences? There are two and we cover them in this episode with author Mark Manson. We also explore how Mark navigated a big challenge with his now wife and why self-improvement and self-awareness are so essential to long-term partnership.
- The fundamental issues people have in relationships [9:00]
- Why we need to communicate without blame [13:00]
- How to avoid ‘enmeshment’ and maintain a strong, independent identity [14:00]
- Three questions to ask to dig deeper into your emotional states [21:00]
- The HUGE difference between divorced people and happily married people [23:25]
- What do all long-term (20+ years) happily married people have in common? [24:00]
- One keystone value for a rock-solid, long-term marriage [27:00]
- What needs to be added to our schooling to prepare us for the real world [29:00]
- The ‘Self Awareness Onion’ [33:00]
- Three layers of self-awareness [34:00]
- 5 Things That Should Be Taught In Every School
- 1500 People Give You All The Relationship Advice You’ll Ever Need
- 3 Unexpected Benefits of marriage
- BOOK: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck
- Facebook – Jayson Gaddis Fan Page
- Monogamy & The Smart Couple – Facebook Group
- How to Leave A Podcast Review
Mark Manson is a blogger, author and entrepreneur. He specializes in writing personal development advice that doesn’t suck. His website MarkManson.net is read by over 2 million people each month. He lives in New York City.
Wow! I feel beyond blessed to be one of the winners. Thank you, thank you!