In our latest episode, Jayson talks with Layne Norton, a distinguished figure in health, fitness, and personal development. Listen to their candid discussion on compassionate communication, setting boundaries, and fostering healthy relationships. Layne’s emphasis on breaking free from restrictive food rules and embracing a balanced, joyful relationship with nourishment reflects his dedication to empowering individuals to achieve their health goals. Watch this inspiring episode to learn more and discover how exercise and weightlifting can transform your life, especially after age 40.
- 0:45 – Introduction
- 3:33 – How did Layne Norton get into evidence-based fitness and nutrition?
- 7:37 – Areas to focus on for long-term health
- 9:55 – How to avoid eating too much
- 13:05 – How tracking your food intake can help you make better choices
- 15:35 – How do you measure food?
- 20:54 – The ACEs study
- 30:25 – Empathy and accountability
- 32:40 – How important is doing the inner work in terms of health?
- 35:10 – How did Layne’s experiances with bullying impact his life trajectory
- 42:45 – Why is exercise so important for people over 40?
- 51:30 – Layne’s thoughts on food rules
- 1:01:00 – Why is fiber important?
- 1:07:40 – Just start doing the little things
- 1:09:55 – Layne’s relationship advice for high-school students
- 1:12:00 – Where can people find Layne?
- 1:13:10 – Action steps
- Layne Norton’s Website
- Carbon — Smart Diet Coach
- Follow Layne Norton on Instagram
- Apply to Relationship Coach Training
- Enroll in Relationship Mastery
- Get 50% off your first month of relationship coaching with the promo code “First50”
- Follow Jayson on social media: