I get this question a lot. Is it okay to have expectations in relationships?
My answer is nuanced. It’s a YES, and it’s a No.
Listen to this short podcast and discover the six expectations that I think are totally reasonable to have in a relationship, especially a partnership.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- (2:35) 6 reasonable expectations in relationships
- (4:50) Fairness
- (5:50) Feeling emotionally safe
- (7:35) Respect
- (8:50) Mutual Contribution
- (10:00) Solving problems together
- (11:05) Knowing and understanding each other
- (13:35) Action step